Speak directly to property owners or their agents
We feature selected unique properties that are ideal for Expats looking for a second or retirement home in Italy.
Home ownership in Italy is easier than buying a car. You do not need to be a resident, but you do need an Italian bank account. In Italy, a notary does the paper work and handles all of the details. The selling homeowner will usually recommend an excellent one.
Non-Italian residents are entitled to open non-resident bank accounts (“conto corrente non residenti“), regardless of their citizenship or visa status. One initial in person visit at the bank is normally required. You can get the details here.
We only list selected properties where we know the owners, have seen the property, and know that it is uniquely suited for the Expat looking for an Italian home. We are not a real estate agent, and all purchase negotiations and selling details are between you and the owner.
Select a property to see the details, where you can also request further information. If you would like us to help you find a property that is available but not listed here, or if you would like to sell your existing Italian property and would like to list it here, contact us below.
How to Get Started
- Look at our Featured Properties. If one looks interesting, click on it to see the details. If you’re interested in the property, contact information is on the property page.
- Look at Recently Featured Properties that have sold. See details about the properties where we’ve helped generate buyers that resulted in a sale. If you want more details about what we did, contact information is on the property page.
- Contact Us Here. Tell us what you’re looking for in a home to buy or about your home for sale.
What Happens Next?
- If you’re interested in finding a property to buy that’s not listed, we’ll try to help you find one by connecting you to our network of local brokers.
- If you’re interested in selling your home, you’ll talk with an Expats Italy Marketing Expert about the various options we offer to find the prospects you need to get your home sold.